Hinds Instruments' photodetector modules are specifically designed for use with high frequency optical signals including those generated in Photoelastic Modulator (PEM) applications.
We offer three Photodetector Modules:
- Silicon Photodiode Detectors
- Germanium Photodiode Detectors
- Avalanche Photodiode Detectors
All Hinds PhotoDetectors include these features:
- Frequency Response. DC up to 1 MHz.
- Dark-current and/or Background DC Null.
- Preamplification for Current to Voltage Conversion and Buffering for Impedance Matching to Signal Cables.
- Power Supply included
APD Detector Module include these additional features:
- Fully Adjustable Gain
- Broad Spectral Range, 200-1000nm
- Large Active Area, 19.6mm2
- Low Power/Low Voltage, Bipolar, +/-12V
- Approaches PMT sensitivity
PEM-based optical systems require detectors with a frequency response of at least twice the operating frequency of the PEM. This makes Hinds detection systems ideal for your PEM applications.
For many applications, separate lowpass or DC signals and wide-band AC signals derived from the detector output are required. With the help of the Signal Conditioning Unit, this is possible.